Dec 23, 2008

whatevs

Thank goodness the whole black hole thing cleared itself up (here in my apartment).

I was really worried.

Weird how no one from the world of science (or that of the FBI) appealed to my plea.

It's like they said (the honest people at Hadron): such black holes should be small and should evaporate quickly, of their own accord.

awesome!

And, if it were otherwise, I guess I'd have a real problem right about now. The kind I might not be able to deal with very effectively here, at frankenmonsterblog.

But historically (say 300 years from now) it would at least (frankenmonsterblog would at least) be relevant as part of a whole "time line" that would certainly reveal itself. Later.

History always revealing itself - eventually.

What I'm worried about now are those pesky stragglers.

Stragglers can instantly turn the entire planet into a "dead lump" (scientists say).

Here, in this apartment, that remains to be seen.

Stay tuned.

Anyway..

The 24th of this month marks the fortieth anniversary of the first ever astronautical view of the earth as seen from the moon.

Where the earth was described for the first time ever as "fragile and small".

Just another little planet with not much more than a "common little star" for a sun.

Though blue. Though thriving. Though clearly alive.

Wow. I love that.

All I recall is that Snoopy was decked out as an astronaut more often than not.

One world. One planet. The evidence was in. At least according to Snoopy. And moon boots. And moon cereal..

Must have been such a heady time. What with Christmas and the moon and everything.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment