Apr 4, 2012

It's a Stack of Jeans

It's a stack of jeans. Denim. About fifteen pairs. There is no other way to describe it. I keep them sorted in a stack as it is only in this way that my jeans can be all in one place and still remain reasonably visible. As well, I keep them sorted this way because I just can't bear to hang any jeans on a hanger. I mean it, if I ever have to hang a pair of jeans on a hanger it's over. I will leave. There will be no note, no explanation. I'll just be gone. And I will never come back. 


The problem is, every once in a while this stack of jeans falls over or becomes degraded as pairs are inevitably taken out from the middle. So, what was almost square, compact, even towering as a stack of jeans--become more of a slanted, untidy, mountain of jeans. Or, 'pile of jeans', if you will. Then I re-fold them and carefully place the jeans back into a stack formation. This occurring three, four sometimes as many as five times a day. One day I'm sure I will finally throw my hands up and say, 'You win, jeans!'. One day. But that day is not today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment